Auto Reorders can be invoiced if your ProShop is set up for invoicing. If the original order placed as an Auto Reorder used invoicing as the payment method, subsequent Auto Reorders will also be invoiced. As with any order placed on a ProShop with invoicing, orders are subject to a credit limit and will not be placed if your organization has reached the credit limit.
Articles in this section
- Why is my Auto Reorder deactivated?
- Can a reference code be applied to all Auto Reorder orders?
- If I update a template design, will this impact my Auto Reorder?
- If I Auto Reorder multiple items at the same time, will they ship together?
- Can I invoice an Auto Reorder?
- How does Auto Reorder work with Approvals?
- If I reactivate Auto Reorder, what will the delivery schedule be?
- How do I cancel my Auto Reorder?
- How do I reschedule or delay my Auto Reorder?
- How do I set up items for Auto Reorder?